PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- A fire on Poningo Street tops the news from Port Chester this week.
- Six families were displaced when a fire spread through a three-story home on Poningo Street Monday night. Officials believe that the fire was started by an extension cord used to power an air conditioner.
- A 3-year-old girl fell into the gap between a train and the platform Tuesday morning. A man standing nearby quickly reached down and pulled her out.
- Port Chester schools may have to charge for after school programs next year. The district lost out on $1.4 million in state grant money that had been used to pay for after school programs.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.