WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Grab a lime and some salt. Monday, July 24 is National Tequila Day, which means it's fiesta time.
We've listed a few spots to start your celebration but are happy to hear your suggestions in our Comments or on Facebook.
- bartaco, Port Chester Tequilas and tacos are hallmarks of many a meal here, with lots of varieties to choose from. Test the tequila waters with a flight of three or opt for a classic margarita made with Libelula Joven tequila, Combier liqueur d'orange, agave syrup and lime juice.
- Blue Moon, Bronxville: Go blue with The Blue Moonarita (lunazul blanco, patron citronge and blue curacao) or toast the holiday with a Cadillac Margarita (lunazul blanco, patron citronage and gran gala). Other favs include the Pomerita (lunazul blanco, pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice and agave nectar) and Bamm Bamm (Blue Moon's very barrel aged patron anejo and patron mango citronge).
- Cantina Lobos, Pelham: Locally sourced, sustainable ingredients are on the menu at this neighborhood taqueria where you'll also find robust tequila offerings, including flights or check out their summer cocktail Vida Fresca which is Dulce Vida Grapefruit tequila, triple sec, fresh grapefruit and seltzer over ice.
- Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant Briarcliff Manor: Jalapeno, ginger, raspberry margarita sucia, and tamarind are some of the specialty margaritas worth trying. You'll also find the classics, along with mojitos and sangria.
- Lola's Mexican Kitchen, White Plains: Lola's takes it margaritas seriously with a long list of tequilas to choose from. Among them: the “Grande Margarita,” a house favorite served frozen or on the rocks in a 16-ounce glass with a salted rim. Flavors include the classic lime, strawberry, mango, and pina colada.
- Mediterraneo White Plains, White Plains : Blackberries make a splash with fresh local farmers market muddled strawberries/blackberries, Casamigos Tequila Blanco, fresh lime, Luxardo Triple Sec and agave.
- Ruben's Mexican Café, Peekskill : Toast National Tequila Day with a strawberry, mango, black currant, or coconut specialty margarita -- or be traditional with a classic served frozen or on the rocks.
- Rye House, Port Chester: All hail "The Jeeves," a refreshing cocktail made with Lunazul Blanco Tequila, lemon, honey, and smoked sea salt.
- Tequila Sunrise, Larchmont: With "tequila" in its name, it's a must on National Tequila Day where tequilas, margaritas -- and guac and chips flow.
- Truck Restaurant, Bedford: There are seven types of tequila here, in addition to a seasonal margarita and other powerhouse worthy cocktails. Mosty we love the "Farms that Feed Us" side of the menu and knowing we're eating/supporting local.
- Vega Mexican Cafe, Hartsdale: There are more than 15 types of tequila here -- to drink as a shot or mix to create your own margarita. There are also are a host of cocktails including the Rostia, chipotle-infused tequila, lime, muddled blackberry, and agave, The Patrón Perfect Margarita, made with Patrón silver tequila, patrón citronage, and lime or the Sucia Cartel, red sangria and house made frozen margarita.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.