PORT CHESTER – Super Bowl shirts were flying off the shelves Wednesday at Modells Sporting Goods in Port Chester as fans geared up for Sundays big game between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.
Manager Alex Izzo said she had to order more shirts after the store's front table was stacked high earlier this week.
“Everybody loves football,” she said. “They’re really a lot of people. They’re selling really really well.”
Izzo said more customers have been buying a black Raven’s super bowl t-shirt over the red San Francisco 49ers shirt because the Ravens are the closer team.
Others have also been purchasing a gray t-shirt with both team's logos.
Izzo expects a new shipment by Friday in all sizes just in time for the big event.
Store appraisal manager Kathy Sorrentino said she is not into football, but plans to join her Ravens fan sister in rooting for the Baltimore team.
“I’m rooting for the Baltimore Ravens since she lives there,” she said.
And if you are not worried about dripping mayo or wings sauce on your new shirt, Rye Ridge Deli owner Scott Martin said he has a full catering is available.
The menu includes 6-foot hero sandwiches, chicken wings and ribs.
Martin said people purchase food, or call-in orders to pick-up Sunday or the day before.
“We’re always busy on Super Bowl Sunday,” he said.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 2 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 4 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon