PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University softball player Shelby Yung was selected as the Northeast-10 Conference rookie of the year.
Yung was also a NE-10 first-team selection as an outfielder, as voted on by the 15 NE-10 softball coaches.
Juniors Jeane Drury and Natalie Gellos freshman Nikole Larm garnered third team honors. Yung and Larm were also named to the all-rookie team.
Yung is batting .410 with 31 runs scored, 50 hits, nine doubles and is 11-for-14 in stolen bases. She leads the team in batting average, runs scored and doubles and is tied for the team lead in stolen bases. Yung set the school freshman record in stolen bases and is currently the freshman leader in batting average. She ranks among the freshman leaders in school history in hits, doubles and runs.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Storm System Departs Port Chester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Port Chester