PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Three players scored at least four goals as the Pace University men's lacrosse team gained its first win of the season which topped Dominican 19-9 at the Torne Valley Sports Complex in Hillburn, N.Y.
Senior Williams Scioscia scored six goals and assisted on two others for an eight-point day. Fellow senior Matt Gebhardt had four goals and six assists. Freshman Robert Maddia also scored four times.
The Setters jumped out to a 4-0 lead less than nine minutes in as Gebhardt scored three times while sophomore Jeremy Koch also blasted home a shot during that stretch.
It was Pace's highest scoring output in more than five years. Faceoffs were also a big key for the Pace, which won 23 of 31 draws.
The Setters take on Southern New Hampshire at home on Saturday, March 22 at noon.
For a behind-the-scenes look at the Pace lacrosse team, click here.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Port Chester Superhero 5K Goes To Medical Costs Of Guard's Son
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Port Chester On Wednesday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Candidate Going Through Foreclosure Tops Port Chester Week's News