PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University baseball team fell to the Dominican Chargers 8-3 in a non-conference game.
The Setters (1-3) struck first in the opening inning as senior Michael Viegas and senior Chris Gili singled to put runners at first and third with one out. James Pjura drove in the first run of the game with a double to center. Ian Wukitsch followed with an RBI groundout to put the Setters in front 2-0 after one inning.
Dominican (4-4) scored two runs in the fourth and two more in the fifth for a 6-2 lead, which it never gave up.
The Setters are scheduled to play Dowling on Friday, March 14 at 6 p.m. at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Port Chester Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Supermarket Settlement Tops Week's News Around Westchester
- 5 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall