PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – If you and your friends think you're hot stuff at dodge ball, you'll have a chance to prove it at the Seventh Annual Dodge Ball Tournament to benefit the Port Chester Youth Baseball League.
The tourney takes place Friday, Jan. 25, at 6 p.m. at Port Chester Middle School on Bowman Avenue.
Bob Vyskocil, vice president of the league, says the event draws hundreds of spectators. Players have to be 18 years old, and the competition usually includes 14 to 16 teams of eight to 10 players each.
The event is sponsored locally by Davy Byrnes, and 100 percent of money raised goes directly into the baseball program to benefit Port Chester children, Vyskocil said.
Teams must pay an entry fee of $240. All players receive a team shirt. Print out the official entry form and mail it with the entry fee to P.O. Box 1351, Port Chester, N.Y. 10573.
For more information call 914-939-8619.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Port Chester
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd