WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Port Chester Superhero 5K Goes To Medical Costs Of Guard's Son
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 5 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser