WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Open Houses In The Port Chester Area This Weekend
- 4 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 5 Anthony J. Moore Jr., 82, Lifelong Port Chester Resident