WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Frank Sniadack, 91, Of Port Chester, Physical Education Teacher, Head Coach
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester