WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Port Chester Reports Small Number Of Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Port Chester
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M