The honorees include seniors Jacqueline DeMarco of Eastchester, Maggie Evans of Old Greenwich, Erika Hantho of Greenwich, Grace Jordan of Riverside, Conn., Katie Rogan of Port Chester and Ellen Rote of Larchmont.
“We are proud of our talented student-athletes, who distinguish themselves on the playing field while excelling in the classroom,” said Amy Pare, director of athletics. “Tremendous discipline and dedication are required to achieve such a feat.”
The National Academic Squad recognizes senior field hockey players from around the country who have excelled academically. Players are nominated by their coaches. Each one must be a senior member of the varsity squad and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 through the first quarter of the school year.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak