PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Two Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District teachers attended the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers conference in Utah.
Ann Rose Santoro and Jennifer Curti were among 250 teachers from around the country at the invitation-only event. The conference focused on developing individual teacher leadership skills and helping teachers to collaborate nationally.
Santoro has taught at the John F. Kennedy School for 25 years. She is also a New York State Education Department Common Core ambassador. She attends the Network Team Institutes in Albany and is a part time writer for Common Core, Inc., which has provided the suggested Math Curriculum for New York State.
Curti has been teaching for five years in Westchester County and New York City. She is a fourth-grade teacher at John F. Kennedy Magnet School. Curti holds certifications in childhood education 1-6, literacy K-12, special education K-12 and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) K-12. Currently, she is studying at Pace University to obtain advanced certification in integrated instruction for educational technology.
- 1 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 2 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company
- 4 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 5 Port Chester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday