PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Two Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District teachers attended the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers conference in Utah.
Ann Rose Santoro and Jennifer Curti were among 250 teachers from around the country at the invitation-only event. The conference focused on developing individual teacher leadership skills and helping teachers to collaborate nationally.
Santoro has taught at the John F. Kennedy School for 25 years. She is also a New York State Education Department Common Core ambassador. She attends the Network Team Institutes in Albany and is a part time writer for Common Core, Inc., which has provided the suggested Math Curriculum for New York State.
Curti has been teaching for five years in Westchester County and New York City. She is a fourth-grade teacher at John F. Kennedy Magnet School. Curti holds certifications in childhood education 1-6, literacy K-12, special education K-12 and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) K-12. Currently, she is studying at Pace University to obtain advanced certification in integrated instruction for educational technology.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester