PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Port Chester High School alumni and local professionals are needed to participate in the first on-campus sophomore career day, the district has announced.
Those interested would need to be at the school March 19 from 7:45 to 11:35 a.m. Participants will receive coffee and a light breakfast when they arrive at 7:45 a.m.
They then will head to the auditorium at 8:15 a.m. to hear opening remarks from Principal Mitchell Combs.
With other people in similar professions, participants will share the path their careers have taken, why they chose their careers, what they love about their work, challenges they see and what students should do if they are interested in the career. Participants also will answer questions about their line of work.
Guidance Chair Juan Carlos Sanchez said school staff will be available to assist alumni if needed.
“A staff member will be present in each venue to encourage conversation and provide support,” he said in a letter.
Participants should be prepared to repeat their talks with a different group of students depending on requests.
An announcement will be made to begin and end each session so students may make their way to the next session.
Those interested need to fill out and return the form attached below to Sanchez by Feb. 19. Alumni may contact Sanchez for more information at 914-934-7962, or email@example.com.
- 1 20-Year-Old Indicted In 'Cold Case' Murder Of Port Chester Plumber
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Port Chester Chefs Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week