PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The twenty-five members of Linda Ventura’s Port Chester High School Select Choir are accustomed to singing for their family, friends and community members, but they’ll have a very different audience on Saturday, Feb. 22 when they sing with the popular British-American rock band Foreigner at the Capitol Theatre.
The choir’s participation is part of Foreigner’s outreach program to benefit the Grammy Foundation, which supports high school music programs across the country, and to provide a venue to feature local school groups. The Select Choir was chosen based on its resume and an interview with Ventura. Among its previous accomplishments was a performance with Clay Aiken at the Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford, Conn.
The Select Choir will provide the gospel choir voices for Foreigner’s worldwide No. 1 hit, "I Want To Know What Love Is." In addition to singing, the Select Choir members will assist with sales of Foreigner’s “Greatest Hits” CD, all proceeds of which go to the non-profit Grammy Foundation. Each CD purchase comes with a raffle ticket and a chance to win a Les Paul guitar.
For tickets, call the Capitol Theatre box office at 914-937-4126 or go to the website www.thecapitoltheatre.com/list/
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Anthony J. Moore Jr., 82, Lifelong Port Chester Resident