PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Port Chester High School alumni will share information about their careers with current students during the school's first on-campus Sophomore Career Day.
Alumni and friends of the district were invited to speak at the event, which is scheduled for Tuesday.
Particpants are expected to speak for about 10 to 15 minutes about their professions, guidance department Chairman Juan Carlos Sanchez said in a letter to those attending.
Speakers will be grouped with others in similar professions, Sanchez said, and will share information about:
- The path they took to their career;
- Why they choose their career;
- What they love about their career;
- What they see as challenging about their career; and
- What students should do if they were interested in pursuing their career.
The day will begin at 7:45 a.m., where participants will be treated to coffee and a light breakfast. The event will begin at 8:15 a.m., Sanchez said.