PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester Middle School will be the scene of a special celebration in honor of Martin Luther King Jr., one day after the national holiday commemorating his birth.
The "Dreams Can Happen Celebration" is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, at Port Chester Middle School, 113 Bowman Ave. in Rye Brook. The event is a celebration of King's "I Have a Dream" speech, with musical performances, multi-media presentations and the presentation of two Humanitarian Awards by the Port Chester Ministers Coalition.
The event is free and open to the public.
- 1 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company
- 4 Port Chester Crash Victim Remains In Hospital
- 5 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year