PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester Middle School will be the scene of a special celebration in honor of Martin Luther King Jr., one day after the national holiday commemorating his birth.
The "Dreams Can Happen Celebration" is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, at Port Chester Middle School, 113 Bowman Ave. in Rye Brook. The event is a celebration of King's "I Have a Dream" speech, with musical performances, multi-media presentations and the presentation of two Humanitarian Awards by the Port Chester Ministers Coalition.
The event is free and open to the public.
- 1 Port Chester Gears Up To Say Happy Birthday, America
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Port Chester Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 4 How Are You Celebrating July 4, Port Chester?
- 5 Artist Picks Up Port Chester Trash For 'My Name Is Nobody' Exhibit