PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Anthony Patafio was one of 240 Port Chester High School students to graduate Thursday night on the John Wayne Ryan Memorial Stadium.
Like many, Patafio, 17, developed graduation goggles in his senior year. The things he didn’t like about school his sophomore year didn’t seem to bother him this year. Looking back he said he had the ups and downs in his four years that everyone goes through.
“I feel really proud of myself that I’m finally able to graduate and go to the college that I’m able to go to,” he said. “I’m trying to major in business and the Hagan School of Business there is really good.”
Patafio said he also hopes to study abroad and discussed his options with staff at Iona’s orientation.
Port Chester High School’s graduating class of 2014 included 27 honor students and 35 National Honor Society members.
The graduation ceremony was scheduled for 6 p.m. but moved to 6:30 p.m.
Graduating seniors Arleen Bedoya and Julie Morgado sang the "Star Spangled Banner.
The salutatorian this year was Sarah Kamensky and the valedictorian was Katherine Wojton.
- 1 Port Chester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Port Chester
- 3 Accident Takes Out Lane, Causes Gridlock On I-287
- 4 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border
- 5 Mamaroneck School-Based Center Would Be Like Those In Port Chester Schools