YONKERS, N.Y. -- A man who was subject of a narcotics investigation took a fatal fall from his third-floor apartment window in an attempt to flee from Yonkers police Friday night, officials said.
The 45-year-old unidentified male was in his apartment at 141 School St. near South Broadway at 8 p.m., when police entered in order to execute a court-ordered search warrant. According to officials, he fled out the bedroom window and sustained a fatal head injury.
Officers found the male on the ground floor with a head injury and they immediately requested medical assistance. The man was transported to St. Joseph's Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead, officials said.
Narcotics, a scale, packaging material and U.S. currency were recovered from inside the apartment. According to officials, the deceased also had an active arrest warrant out of New York City for felony narcotics.
Officials said investigators will not be releasing a name at this time, as they are still trying to notify the deceased's next of kin.
The Yonkers Police Department Internal Affairs Division and the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office are investigating this incident, as is standard procedure in these cases. Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Westchester Food Festival Lineup Includes Port Chester Restaurant
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Port Chester Resident Charged In Yorktown With Possession Of Marijuana