PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Bridgeport, Conn., woman was charged Saturday with taking $1,000 from the Port Chester Bed Bath & Beyond where she worked, police said.
Geralda Francilme, 18, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, in connection with the alleged theft from the store at 24 Waterfront Place, Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said.
Employees noticed the money was missing Jan. 19 when counting cash at the end of day, Ladeairous said.
Store employees investigated the incident and called police Saturday.
Francilme told police that she took the money because she needed to pay for a hotel room after getting kicked out of her home, Ladearious said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Port Chester Reports Small Number Of Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M