PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Bridgeport, Conn., woman was charged Saturday with taking $1,000 from the Port Chester Bed Bath & Beyond where she worked, police said.
Geralda Francilme, 18, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, in connection with the alleged theft from the store at 24 Waterfront Place, Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said.
Employees noticed the money was missing Jan. 19 when counting cash at the end of day, Ladeairous said.
Store employees investigated the incident and called police Saturday.
Francilme told police that she took the money because she needed to pay for a hotel room after getting kicked out of her home, Ladearious said.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Port Chester