PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Bridgeport, Conn., woman was charged Saturday with taking $1,000 from the Port Chester Bed Bath & Beyond where she worked, police said.
Geralda Francilme, 18, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, in connection with the alleged theft from the store at 24 Waterfront Place, Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said.
Employees noticed the money was missing Jan. 19 when counting cash at the end of day, Ladeairous said.
Store employees investigated the incident and called police Saturday.
Francilme told police that she took the money because she needed to pay for a hotel room after getting kicked out of her home, Ladearious said.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation