PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Bridgeport, Conn., woman was charged Saturday with taking $1,000 from the Port Chester Bed Bath & Beyond where she worked, police said.
Geralda Francilme, 18, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, in connection with the alleged theft from the store at 24 Waterfront Place, Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said.
Employees noticed the money was missing Jan. 19 when counting cash at the end of day, Ladeairous said.
Store employees investigated the incident and called police Saturday.
Francilme told police that she took the money because she needed to pay for a hotel room after getting kicked out of her home, Ladearious said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester