PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Bridgeport, Conn., woman was charged Saturday with taking $1,000 from the Port Chester Bed Bath & Beyond where she worked, police said.
Geralda Francilme, 18, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, in connection with the alleged theft from the store at 24 Waterfront Place, Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said.
Employees noticed the money was missing Jan. 19 when counting cash at the end of day, Ladeairous said.
Store employees investigated the incident and called police Saturday.
Francilme told police that she took the money because she needed to pay for a hotel room after getting kicked out of her home, Ladearious said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 3 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company