PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Six Connecticut teens were charged in Port Chester for allegedly robbing a 49-year-old woman while she was walking home from work.
Around 6:30 p.m. Friday, the Port Chester woman was walking home from work along Boston Post Road when she turned onto Slater Street and heard a noisy group behind her, police said. She told police there was a group of six teens and one of them was saying, “Mom, give me your pocketbook.”
When she ignored them and continued walking, one of the teens came up behind her and ripped her purse from her shoulder, police said. Then, another teen took the woman’s phone out of her jacket, ripping out the jacket pocket in the process. The teens ran away and the woman soon called the police.
Officers checked the area and found a group fitting the description that the woman had given. She identified the teens as the ones who had robbed her. Each was charged with second-degree robbery, a felony. The following teens were charged:
- Angel Luis Rodriguez, 17, of West Main Street, Stamford;
- Jaime Gonzalez, 17, of 7 Piave St., Stamford;
- Felix Trujillo, 16, of 321 Clinton Ave, Bridgeport; he was additionally charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, when police found 14 bags of marijuana on him, said Lt. James Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department.
- David Cardova, 18, of 68 Victory St., Stamford; he was additionally charged with criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor, when police found the woman’s cellphone on him, Ladeairous said.
- Jesus Alvarado, 17, of 14 West St., Stamford;
- Augustine Zoletto, 16, of 37 Little Hill Drive, Stamford; he was additionally charged with criminal possession of stolen property, a felony, when officers found the woman’s debit card on him, Ladeairous said.
The woman was not physically harmed in the incident.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Blind Brook Grad Recounts Confusion Of Living In Rye Brook, Near Rye Neck
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Port Chester Man Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern