PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A 54-year-old Port Chester man was sentenced to 18 years in prison Tuesday in connection with a fatal stabbing in February, Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced.
Julio Cortez, 54, of 66 Poningo St., was charged with one count of manslaughter in the first degree, a violent felony, when he was arrested on Feb. 15.
At around 3:55 a.m. Feb. 7, Port Chester Police discovered the body of Carlos Guirachocha, 23, of Port Chester on the steps of 131 Poningo St., according to DiFiore. He was lying face down and had blood and a stab wound in the area of his heart, she said.
During their investigation, police found a large kitchen knife nearby and recovered surveillance video from both 125 and 131 Poningo. Detectives also learned that the two men had argued prior to the stabbing. Cortez pleaded guilty.
Assistant District Attorney Kristina Dushaj of the Major Case Bureau prosecuted the case.
- 1 State Police Warn Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York