WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a deadly crash late Friday night in which a 19-year-old man crashed into Mahopac High School, just over the Westchester County border.
Fire officials say 19-year-old David Diachenko was barreling down Gleneida Boulevard off Baldwin Place Road when his car gained so much momentum it crashed into the side of his alma mater, according to News 12 Westchester.
The crash, which damaged 10 classrooms, is being investigated, according to News 12.
Diachenko had plans to join the Navy, according to News 12.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Port Chester Man Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd