PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four men were arrested this week, in addition to the 12 arrested last week, in connection with an investigation of street sales of narcotic drugs, Port Chester police said.
The arrests were the result of an 18-month joint investigation of the Port Chester Police Department and the Narcotics Unit of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety into the street sales of cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, prescription narcotics and marijuana in the village. More arrests are pending, said Lt. Jim Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department.
The four men arrested were: Michael Dobbins, 27, of 61 Traverse Ave., Port Chester; David Willis, 42, of 4 Willow St., Port Chester; Richard Thomas, 48, of 97 Bruce Ave., Yonkers; and Ronald Van Norton, 44, of 380 Woodlawn Ave., Elmira. All were arrested on one count of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and one count of criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, a class B felony.
Thomas was initially arrested in July during another drug bust. His car, found at the scene of the bust, contained 498 envelopes of heroin, said Ladeairous.
The following men were arrested on the same charges last week:
• Cory Peterson, 26, of 362 Willett Ave., Port Chester
• Lester Jones, 50, 11 Stewart Place, Yonkers
• Enrique Goyburu, 25, 22 Sands St., Port Chester
• Ronald Harris, 35, 15 Weber Drive, Port Chester
• George Duche, 23, 168 Poningo St., Port Chester
• John Lujan, 42, 2 Sherman Ave., Greenwich, Conn.
• Frank Peterson, 45, 19 S. 9th Ave., Mount Vernon
• Vincent King, 46, 5 Leonard St., Port Chester
• Demetrius Williams, 52, no known address
• Markel Calhoun, 20, 70 Purdy Ave., Port Chester
• Jacobo Castaneda, 30, 139 Hobart Ave., Port Chester
• Phyllis Scruggs, 57, 14 Valley Drive, Bridgeport, Conn.
- 1 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Open Houses In The Port Chester Area This Weekend