PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four people are due in court Thursday to answer charges brought during an undercover drug operation in Port Chester, police said Tuesday. One of those charged is from Yonkers.
The investigation launched in June when confidential informants made undercover drug buys and gathered enough information for a search warrant, Lt. James N. Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department, said. On July 12, the warrant was executed by Port Chester and Westchester County police at a first floor apartment at 27 Elridge St.
Heroin and money were confiscated and four people were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony, Ladeairous said. Those arrested were: Melba Morris, 54, of 27 Elridge St., first floor; Toni Denise Green, 50, same address; Jason Torres, 38, homeless; and Richard Thomas, 47, of 97 Bruce Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester