PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four people are due in court Thursday to answer charges brought during an undercover drug operation in Port Chester, police said Tuesday. One of those charged is from Yonkers.
The investigation launched in June when confidential informants made undercover drug buys and gathered enough information for a search warrant, Lt. James N. Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department, said. On July 12, the warrant was executed by Port Chester and Westchester County police at a first floor apartment at 27 Elridge St.
Heroin and money were confiscated and four people were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony, Ladeairous said. Those arrested were: Melba Morris, 54, of 27 Elridge St., first floor; Toni Denise Green, 50, same address; Jason Torres, 38, homeless; and Richard Thomas, 47, of 97 Bruce Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 2 Port Chester Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft
- 3 Port Chester Burglary Suspect Convicted After Settling Suit With Village
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Maria Chiappetta, 63, Of Port Chester, Homemaker