PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four people are due in court Thursday to answer charges brought during an undercover drug operation in Port Chester, police said Tuesday. One of those charged is from Yonkers.
The investigation launched in June when confidential informants made undercover drug buys and gathered enough information for a search warrant, Lt. James N. Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department, said. On July 12, the warrant was executed by Port Chester and Westchester County police at a first floor apartment at 27 Elridge St.
Heroin and money were confiscated and four people were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony, Ladeairous said. Those arrested were: Melba Morris, 54, of 27 Elridge St., first floor; Toni Denise Green, 50, same address; Jason Torres, 38, homeless; and Richard Thomas, 47, of 97 Bruce Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester