PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four people are due in court Thursday to answer charges brought during an undercover drug operation in Port Chester, police said Tuesday. One of those charged is from Yonkers.
The investigation launched in June when confidential informants made undercover drug buys and gathered enough information for a search warrant, Lt. James N. Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department, said. On July 12, the warrant was executed by Port Chester and Westchester County police at a first floor apartment at 27 Elridge St.
Heroin and money were confiscated and four people were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony, Ladeairous said. Those arrested were: Melba Morris, 54, of 27 Elridge St., first floor; Toni Denise Green, 50, same address; Jason Torres, 38, homeless; and Richard Thomas, 47, of 97 Bruce Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd