PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Four people are due in court Thursday to answer charges brought during an undercover drug operation in Port Chester, police said Tuesday. One of those charged is from Yonkers.
The investigation launched in June when confidential informants made undercover drug buys and gathered enough information for a search warrant, Lt. James N. Ladeairous, spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department, said. On July 12, the warrant was executed by Port Chester and Westchester County police at a first floor apartment at 27 Elridge St.
Heroin and money were confiscated and four people were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony, Ladeairous said. Those arrested were: Melba Morris, 54, of 27 Elridge St., first floor; Toni Denise Green, 50, same address; Jason Torres, 38, homeless; and Richard Thomas, 47, of 97 Bruce Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 3 Blind Brook Grad Recounts Confusion Of Living In Rye Brook, Near Rye Neck
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Port Chester Man Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event