PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Eight people were arrested at an overnight drunken-driving checkpoint in Port Chester last weekend, police said.
From 11:30 p.m. Saturday until 4:30 a.m. Sunday, Port Chester and Westchester County police officers were positioned on Hillside Avenue at the border of Greenwich, Conn. Port Chester police arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated, and county police arrested four others.
Police do not advertise where the checkpoints will take place, but drivers should expect an increase in drunken driving checkpoint dates in the village for the duration of the holiday season, said Lt. Jim Ladeairous, a spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department.
The men arrested on misdemeanor DWI charges by Port Chester police were James Mellis, 40, of 2319 Christian St., Philadelphia; Andy Rivera, 28, of 31 Spring Hill Ave., Norwalk, Conn.; John Darcangelo, 31, of 39 Fitch Ave., Darien, Conn.; and Percey Guerra Apaza, 42, of 180 N. Water St., Byram, Conn.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 4 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser
- 5 Port Chester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend