PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Eight people were arrested at an overnight drunken-driving checkpoint in Port Chester last weekend, police said.
From 11:30 p.m. Saturday until 4:30 a.m. Sunday, Port Chester and Westchester County police officers were positioned on Hillside Avenue at the border of Greenwich, Conn. Port Chester police arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated, and county police arrested four others.
Police do not advertise where the checkpoints will take place, but drivers should expect an increase in drunken driving checkpoint dates in the village for the duration of the holiday season, said Lt. Jim Ladeairous, a spokesman for the Port Chester Police Department.
The men arrested on misdemeanor DWI charges by Port Chester police were James Mellis, 40, of 2319 Christian St., Philadelphia; Andy Rivera, 28, of 31 Spring Hill Ave., Norwalk, Conn.; John Darcangelo, 31, of 39 Fitch Ave., Darien, Conn.; and Percey Guerra Apaza, 42, of 180 N. Water St., Byram, Conn.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 Port Chester Turns Out For Vigil To Honor Those Killed in Charleston
- 5 Blind Brook Grad Recounts Confusion Of Living In Rye Brook, Near Rye Neck