RYE, N.Y. -- Cleaning solution at Wuji Restaurant at 26 Purchase Street was the cause of what firefighters in Rye initially feared was a gas leak Monday morning.
The Rye Fire Department received a call at 11:30 a.m. from Angela's on Purchase Street. They were concerned after smelling gas coming from Wuji, located next door.
Three firefighters arrived on the scene and determined the cause was Wuji cleaning their exhaust hood in the kitchen and the chemical smell was from cleaning solution.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.