WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Westchester County Board of Legislators Chairman Ken Jenkins issued the following statement Thursday on the state 2013–14 budget agreement reached late Wednesday:
Under Gov. Cuomo’s leadership, and thanks to the willingness of the state’s elected leaders to work together in an amiable fashion, we have a budget agreement that continues the progress being made toward strengthening our communities for a prosperous and healthy future.
I am especially heartened that the governor and his colleagues in the state legislature have maintained a focus on creating jobs and making New York more business-friendly. They’ve also cut taxes for middle-class residents and small businesses while providing mandate relief. The budget’s increase of the minimum wage will also benefit millions of workers and the state’s overall economy as well.
All in all, this real progress simply furthers the understanding that New York State’s governing leaders are committed to putting differences aside in order to create smart solutions to the challenges they face.
I commend Gov. Cuomo for forging an agreement on another timely, responsible budget that keeps New York on the rise.
- 1 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 2 'Romeo and Juliet' With 1930s Spin Comes To Port Chester
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Accident With Overturned Tractor Trailer Reported At I-95/I-287 Interchange
- 5 United Water Warns Port Chester Customers About Phone Scams