RYE BROOK, N.Y. - Stella Pisetzner, formerly of Briarcliff Manor and Scarborough, died on Friday, Aug. 1. She was 84.
Pisetzner was born to parents of immigrants, in Manhattan in 1930. After marriage, she and her husband lived in Queens, Staten Island and Briarcliff Manor. She moved to Scarborough after his death, and later to Rye Brook. After graduating with a B.S. degree from Marymount College in Tarrytown, she briefly worked as an art therapist attached to the cardiology department at Beth Israel Hospital in New York. She also volunteered in the emergency room at Phelps Memorial Hospital in Sleepy Hollow.
Pisetzner is survived by her sons, Joel of Highland Park, N.J., Jeff of Puyallup, Wash., and Barry of Linwood, N.J.; daughter, Ann of Greenwich, Conn.; brother, William Martin of Port Washington; and seven grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Emanuel Pisetzner.
A graveside service for the family was conducted Aug. 3 at Sharon Memorial Gardens, Valhalla.
Memorial donations may be made either to the Jewish Museum, 1109 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10128 or to the Emanuel Pisetzner Holocaust Fund, c/o Temple Beth Abraham, 25 Leroy Ave., Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 4 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester