PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Santo Lagana, a resident of Port Chester, died Feb. 5. He was 85.
Lagana was born March 16, 1928, in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy, to Pasquale and Marianna Nicolo Lagana. He was raised in Italy and immigrated to the United States in 1966 and settled in Port Chester. He was a shoemaker and owned and operated Santo Shoe Repair in Bronxville until 1992. He was a parishioner of the Corpus Christi Church in Port Chester.
Lagana is survived by his wife, Teresa Lagana; son, Anthony Lagana (Rosa); brothers, Domenico Lagana (Rosa) and Anthony Lagana (Maria); sister, Maria Pirrotta (Rocco) all of Port Chester; three grandchildren; a great granddaughter; sister in law, Mariuccia Turletto of Italy; many nieces, nephews; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Rocco Lagana (Palmina); and brother in law, Cesare Turletto.
Calling hours are from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Entombment to follow at Saint Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook.
Memorial donations may be made to Rosary Hill Home, 600 Linda Ave., Hawthorne, NY 10532.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Crash Cleared From I-95 In Greenwich