PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Salvatore A. Barrella, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died July 8. He was 90.
Barrella was born Nov. 5, 1923, to Rocco and Adeline Olivia Barrella. He graduated from Port Chester High School and served in the United States Army during World War II. He was a retired mechanic for Willow Motor's in Port Chester. He was a member of the Port Chester Old Timers.
Barrella is survived by his son, Michael Barrella and girlfriend, Melissa Coletti of Port Chester; a granddaughter; brother, Peter Barrella of Norwalk, Conn.; sisters, Marie Fallanca of Port Chester and Diana Magneta of Riverside, Conn.; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Irving Barrella; daughter, Lisa Mazzullo; and brothers, Rocco, Joseph and Giacomo Barrella.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, July 11 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 12 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Port Chester Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'