PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Salvatore A. Barrella, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died July 8. He was 90.
Barrella was born Nov. 5, 1923, to Rocco and Adeline Olivia Barrella. He graduated from Port Chester High School and served in the United States Army during World War II. He was a retired mechanic for Willow Motor's in Port Chester. He was a member of the Port Chester Old Timers.
Barrella is survived by his son, Michael Barrella and girlfriend, Melissa Coletti of Port Chester; a granddaughter; brother, Peter Barrella of Norwalk, Conn.; sisters, Marie Fallanca of Port Chester and Diana Magneta of Riverside, Conn.; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Irving Barrella; daughter, Lisa Mazzullo; and brothers, Rocco, Joseph and Giacomo Barrella.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, July 11 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 12 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook.
- 1 Port Chester Tap Water Deemed Safe After Friday Contamination
- 2 Film Shoot With Steve Carell in Port Chester Tops Week's News
- 3 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In Rye Brook, Rye, White Plains
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List