PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Romolo (Rome) Patafio, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died May 3. He was 84.
Patafio was born Dec. 16, 1929, to Salvatore and Maria (Cardillo) Patafio. He was a graduate of Port Chester High School, class of 1947. He was a mathematician and attended the City College of New York and Columbia University studying chemical and electrical engineering. He retired in 1987 from the Port Chester Post Office where he worked as a letter carrier for 25 years.
Patafio is survived by his 11 nieces and nephews; 16 grand nieces and nephews; and siblings, Jenny Patafio Muto, of Greenwich, Conn., and Clement, of Rye Brook. He was predeceased by his brothers, Anthony and Umberto (Bert).
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Gunipero-Farenga Funeral Home, 353 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:45 a.m. at Holy Rosary Church in Port Chester.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Don Bosco Community Center or St. Peter's Church Food Pantry, Port Chester
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 4 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Port Chester Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'