PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Romolo (Rome) Patafio, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died May 3. He was 84.
Patafio was born Dec. 16, 1929, to Salvatore and Maria (Cardillo) Patafio. He was a graduate of Port Chester High School, class of 1947. He was a mathematician and attended the City College of New York and Columbia University studying chemical and electrical engineering. He retired in 1987 from the Port Chester Post Office where he worked as a letter carrier for 25 years.
Patafio is survived by his 11 nieces and nephews; 16 grand nieces and nephews; and siblings, Jenny Patafio Muto, of Greenwich, Conn., and Clement, of Rye Brook. He was predeceased by his brothers, Anthony and Umberto (Bert).
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Gunipero-Farenga Funeral Home, 353 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:45 a.m. at Holy Rosary Church in Port Chester.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Don Bosco Community Center or St. Peter's Church Food Pantry, Port Chester
- 1 Resident Escapes After Ammo Explodes In Rye Brook Fire
- 2 Port Chester Science Teacher Awarded Leadership Fellowship At Mercy College
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Crash Causing Heavy Delays At I-95/I-287 Interchange