RYE BROOK, N.Y. - Philip F. Monti a resident of Rye Brook died April 24, 2013. He was 88.
Monti was born Jan. 24, 1925, in Port Chester to Carlo and Margaret Passarelli Monti. He was raised and educated in Port Chester and was with the Port Chester Rams Football. He served in the U.S. Army.
Monti was a machinist for Pitney Bowes in Stamford for 38 years retiring in 1987. He was a parishioner of the Corpus Christi Church, a member of the Port Chester Old Timers and the Pitney Bowes Oval Club.
Monti is survived by his wife, Catherine Monti of Rye Brook; sons, Carlo Monti of Rye Brook, and Felix Monti (Terri Ann) of South East; daughters, Margaret Carpenteri (Joseph) of Port Chester, Mary Anne Romaner (Richard) of New Rochelle, Catherine Monti-McDermott of Valley Cottage and Elizabeth C. Hudson (Richard) of Port Chester; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; sons, Leonard and Mark Monti; brother, Ernest; and sisters, Angela, Mary and Elizabeth.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, April 28 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 9 a.m. Monday, April 29 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery Rye.
- 1 Port Chester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Port Chester
- 3 Accident Takes Out Lane, Causes Gridlock On I-287
- 4 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border
- 5 Mamaroneck School-Based Center Would Be Like Those In Port Chester Schools