GREENWICH, Conn. - Mildred Dianis Hroziencik of Greenwich died Aug. 26. She was 101.
Hroziencik was born Jan. 4, 1913, in Byram, to Joseph and Susan Dianis. She was a 1929 graduate of Greenwich High School. She worked many years as a bookkeeper at the United Hospital in Port Chester, N.Y. She was a lifelong member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Byram as well as a member of the Mary Martha Guild, Church Women United, the Byram Garden Club, Glenville Seniors, the AARP #3020 of Greenwich. She volunteered for many years at both Greenwich Hospital and the United Hospital in Port Chester, N.Y.
Hroziencik is survived by her sister, Matilda Moore of Stamford; children, Rudy Hroziencik, Jr. (Peg) of Greenwich, William Hroziencik (Marjorie) of San Mateo, Calif., and Diane Peck (T. Carl) of Greenwich; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Rudy Hroziencik, Sr.; and brother, Walter J. Dianis.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 29 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Castiglione's Funeral Home. Funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. Burial will take place in Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye, N.Y.
Donations in Hroziencik's name may be made to Nathaniel Witherell Nursing Home at 70 Parsonage Road, Greenwich, CT 06830.
- 1 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 2 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 3 Port Chester Crash Victim Remains In Hospital
- 4 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company
- 5 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year