PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Mary (Maria Pignataro) LiMarzi of Port Chester died Saturday, July 26. She was 93.
LiMarzi was born Nov. 1, 1920, in the Village of Acri in the Calabria Region of Italy. In 1930, she emigrated with her family to join relatives in Port Chester. She was apprenticed to a dressmaker while she completed high school and became an able seamstress in her own right. She did specialty work at her husband's business, Steve's Shoe Repairing in Hartsdale.
LiMarzi is survived by her son, John (Helen), formerly of Mahopac and now Sarasota, Fla., Linda (Horn) (Ron) of West Suffield, Conn., Joseph (Anja) of Dingmans Ferry, Pa., and Robert of Port Chester; four grandchildren; a great-grandchild; brother, Angelo Pignataro; and sister, Jeanette. Mary (Stephen) LiMarzi. She was predeceased by her husband, Stephen LiMarzi.
A private service will be held for immediate family only.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation