PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Marie (Raia) Covino of Port Chester died Feb. 24. She was 92.
Covino was born Dec. 3, 1921, in New York City, to Pietro and Lena (Gaita) Raia. She lived in Brooklyn then Rye, where she met her husband, Nicholas A. Covino. They lived in Port Chester for over 40 years where they raised their family and owned Covino's Restaurant.
Covino is survived by her children, Kathleen (Lenny Macri), Joe, and Nick Jr.; a grandchild; a great grandchild; brother-in-law, Anthony Covino; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Nick; brothers, Tom, Mike, Jack and Lou; and sister, Anna Palmiero.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, March 2 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Monday, March 3 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 Port Chester Superhero 5K Goes To Medical Costs Of Guard's Son
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Port Chester On Wednesday
- 4 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester