PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Marie (Raia) Covino of Port Chester died Feb. 24. She was 92.
Covino was born Dec. 3, 1921, in New York City, to Pietro and Lena (Gaita) Raia. She lived in Brooklyn then Rye, where she met her husband, Nicholas A. Covino. They lived in Port Chester for over 40 years where they raised their family and owned Covino's Restaurant.
Covino is survived by her children, Kathleen (Lenny Macri), Joe, and Nick Jr.; a grandchild; a great grandchild; brother-in-law, Anthony Covino; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Nick; brothers, Tom, Mike, Jack and Lou; and sister, Anna Palmiero.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, March 2 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Monday, March 3 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Storm System Departs Port Chester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Port Chester