PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Louis DeMarco, a longtime resident of Port Chester, died Dec. 1 at Greenwich Hospital. He was 85.
He was born Nov. 14, 1927, in Italy to Michael and Teresa DeMarco. He worked for Arnold's Bakery for 41 years. A Korean War veteran, DeMarco married Marie Patafio on Oct. 25, 1953, at Holy Rosary Church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons, Michael (Marian) DeMarco, of Shelton, Conn., and Kenneth (Sue) DeMarco, of Somers; two daughters, Bernadette (Stosh) Wegrzyn, of Greenwich, Conn., and Joyce (Bob) Riebesehl, of Hopewell Junction; and eight grandchildren and a great-grandson.
He is also survived by a sister, Genoveffa Alonzi; a brother, Armando DeMarco; and several nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by a brother, Gerardo DeMarco.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Craft Memorial Home in Port Chester. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Corpus Christi Church in Port Chester. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Rye Brook.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Port Chester Skies Sunday
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend
- 4 Port Chester's Longford's Takes Part In Food Bank Fundraiser
- 5 Port Chester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend