PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Louis DeMarco, a longtime resident of Port Chester, died Dec. 1 at Greenwich Hospital. He was 85.
He was born Nov. 14, 1927, in Italy to Michael and Teresa DeMarco. He worked for Arnold's Bakery for 41 years. A Korean War veteran, DeMarco married Marie Patafio on Oct. 25, 1953, at Holy Rosary Church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons, Michael (Marian) DeMarco, of Shelton, Conn., and Kenneth (Sue) DeMarco, of Somers; two daughters, Bernadette (Stosh) Wegrzyn, of Greenwich, Conn., and Joyce (Bob) Riebesehl, of Hopewell Junction; and eight grandchildren and a great-grandson.
He is also survived by a sister, Genoveffa Alonzi; a brother, Armando DeMarco; and several nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by a brother, Gerardo DeMarco.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Craft Memorial Home in Port Chester. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Corpus Christi Church in Port Chester. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Rye Brook.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Port Chester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Port Chester
- 4 Port Chester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow