PALM COAST, Fla. - John E. Barchella, a resident of Palm Coast and formerly of Port Chester, N.Y., died Feb. 22. He was 76.
Barchella was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Greenwich, Conn., to John and Edith Scenna Barchella. He was raised and educated in Greenwich graduating from Greenwich High School. He served in the United States Army and was a sergeant. He was the owner and operator of J.B. Auto Sales in Port Chester, N.Y.
Barchella is survived by his sons, John Barchella (Meg) of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Frank Barchella (Wendy) of Purchase, N.Y., and James Barchella of Palm Coast; daughters, Joanne Barchella-Dutton of Greenwich, Conn., and Debbie Barchella of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.; 11 grandchildren;. companion, Carol Nuro of Greenwich, Conn.; brother, Anthony Barchella (Carmella) of West Palm Beach; and sisters, Lena Kotis (John) of Manning, S.C., and Edith Orlando of Port Chester, N.Y.; many nieces, nephews; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Donna Cavino Barchella; and sister, Josephine Pirre.
Calling hours are from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at the funeral home. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery Rye, N.Y.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Westchester Food Festival Lineup Includes Port Chester Restaurant
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Port Chester Resident Charged In Yorktown With Possession Of Marijuana