PALM COAST, Fla. - John E. Barchella, a resident of Palm Coast and formerly of Port Chester, N.Y., died Feb. 22. He was 76.
Barchella was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Greenwich, Conn., to John and Edith Scenna Barchella. He was raised and educated in Greenwich graduating from Greenwich High School. He served in the United States Army and was a sergeant. He was the owner and operator of J.B. Auto Sales in Port Chester, N.Y.
Barchella is survived by his sons, John Barchella (Meg) of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Frank Barchella (Wendy) of Purchase, N.Y., and James Barchella of Palm Coast; daughters, Joanne Barchella-Dutton of Greenwich, Conn., and Debbie Barchella of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.; 11 grandchildren;. companion, Carol Nuro of Greenwich, Conn.; brother, Anthony Barchella (Carmella) of West Palm Beach; and sisters, Lena Kotis (John) of Manning, S.C., and Edith Orlando of Port Chester, N.Y.; many nieces, nephews; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Donna Cavino Barchella; and sister, Josephine Pirre.
Calling hours are from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at the funeral home. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery Rye, N.Y.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Port Chester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Port Chester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency