RYE BROOK, N.Y. - John B. Sciurba, a resident of Rye Brook, died Jan. 18. He was 53.
Sciurba was born Feb. 28, 1960, in Queens, to Thomas and Mary Sheppard Sciurba. He was raised and educated in Massapequa Park and graduated from C.W. Post College in Long Island. He was the CFO and vice president of White Plains Hospital. He was a board member of the Hospice & Palliative Care of Westchester.
Sciurba is survived by his wife, Tania Vernon; son, Brian Vernon Sciurba of Rye Brook; brothers, Bill Sciurba (Christine) of Massapequa Park and Tom Sciurba (Cathy) of Webster; sister, Kimberly Knapp (Robert) of Enfield, Conn.; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment is private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice & Palliative Care of Westchester 311 North St. White Plains, NY 10605.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Port Chester Man Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event