RYE BROOK, N.Y. - John B. Sciurba, a resident of Rye Brook, died Jan. 18. He was 53.
Sciurba was born Feb. 28, 1960, in Queens, to Thomas and Mary Sheppard Sciurba. He was raised and educated in Massapequa Park and graduated from C.W. Post College in Long Island. He was the CFO and vice president of White Plains Hospital. He was a board member of the Hospice & Palliative Care of Westchester.
Sciurba is survived by his wife, Tania Vernon; son, Brian Vernon Sciurba of Rye Brook; brothers, Bill Sciurba (Christine) of Massapequa Park and Tom Sciurba (Cathy) of Webster; sister, Kimberly Knapp (Robert) of Enfield, Conn.; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment is private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice & Palliative Care of Westchester 311 North St. White Plains, NY 10605.
- 1 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 2 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 'Romeo and Juliet' With 1930s Spin Comes To Port Chester
- 5 Accident With Overturned Tractor Trailer Reported At I-95/I-287 Interchange