RYE BROOK, N.Y. - George Tanaka, a resident of Rye Brook, died July 14. He was 97.
Tanaka was born April 27, 1917, in Tacoma, Wash., to Sanzo and Kiku Tanaka. He served in the United States Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater. He was a landscaper and gardener.
Tanaka is survived by his wife, Yaeko Arita Tanaka; daughters, Irene Mendicino (Tony) and Carol Tanaka, all of Rye Brook; a granddaughter; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Soji Tanaka.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 17 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery Valhalla.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to America's Vet Dogs, 371 East Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787.
- 1 Port Chester Superhero 5K Goes To Medical Costs Of Guard's Son
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Port Chester On Wednesday
- 4 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester