RYE BROOK, N.Y. - George Tanaka, a resident of Rye Brook, died July 14. He was 97.
Tanaka was born April 27, 1917, in Tacoma, Wash., to Sanzo and Kiku Tanaka. He served in the United States Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater. He was a landscaper and gardener.
Tanaka is survived by his wife, Yaeko Arita Tanaka; daughters, Irene Mendicino (Tony) and Carol Tanaka, all of Rye Brook; a granddaughter; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Soji Tanaka.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 17 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery Valhalla.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to America's Vet Dogs, 371 East Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Car Accident In Port Chester
- 3 IRS Warns Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member
- 5 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers