RYE BROOK, N.Y. - George Tanaka, a resident of Rye Brook, died July 14. He was 97.
Tanaka was born April 27, 1917, in Tacoma, Wash., to Sanzo and Kiku Tanaka. He served in the United States Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater. He was a landscaper and gardener.
Tanaka is survived by his wife, Yaeko Arita Tanaka; daughters, Irene Mendicino (Tony) and Carol Tanaka, all of Rye Brook; a granddaughter; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Soji Tanaka.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 17 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery Valhalla.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to America's Vet Dogs, 371 East Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787.
- 1 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company
- 4 Port Chester Crash Victim Remains In Hospital
- 5 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year