PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Frances Ann Buxton (Kurakowski) of Port Chester died Sunday, June 15. She was 87.
Buxton was born Jan. 14, 1927, in Old Greenwich, Conn., to Rose and Frank Kurakowski. She was employed by Lifesavers for over 25 years and worked there until they closed in 1984. She then was employed by Lillian Vernon in Port Chester from where she retired in 1987. She was a member of the Port Chester Senior Citizens, a parishioner of Our Lady of Mercy and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Buxton is survived by her son, Harry D. Buxton III (Kathy) of Long Lake; two granddaughters; former daughter-in-law, Renee Vadala (Tony) of Cortlandt Manor. She was predeceased by her husband, Harry Buxton, Jr.; parents; and siblings.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 18 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Burial to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Rye Brook.
For more information, please visit: www.craftmemorialhome.com/
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Port Chester Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Supermarket Settlement Tops Week's News Around Westchester
- 5 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall