PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Frances Ann Buxton (Kurakowski) of Port Chester died Sunday, June 15. She was 87.
Buxton was born Jan. 14, 1927, in Old Greenwich, Conn., to Rose and Frank Kurakowski. She was employed by Lifesavers for over 25 years and worked there until they closed in 1984. She then was employed by Lillian Vernon in Port Chester from where she retired in 1987. She was a member of the Port Chester Senior Citizens, a parishioner of Our Lady of Mercy and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Buxton is survived by her son, Harry D. Buxton III (Kathy) of Long Lake; two granddaughters; former daughter-in-law, Renee Vadala (Tony) of Cortlandt Manor. She was predeceased by her husband, Harry Buxton, Jr.; parents; and siblings.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 18 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Burial to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Rye Brook.
For more information, please visit: www.craftmemorialhome.com/
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Port Chester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 3 Storm System Departs Port Chester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency