PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Florence Bilello Carlson, a lifelong resident of Port Chester and former teacher at Port Chester High School, died April 7. She was 92.
Carlson was born Sept. 1, 1921, in Port Chester. She joined the faculty of the vocation skills department at Port Chester High School in 1968 launching the first cosmetology course in the school district. She was a former teacher at Port Chester Junior High School.
Carlson is survived by her sister, Constance Boccadoro of Rye; children, Fred Bilello of Hawaii, Nicholas Bilello of Rowayton, Conn., and Suzanne Bilello of Forest Hills; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her first husband, Anthony Bilello; and second husband, William Carlson.
Calling hours are Friday, April 11 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Craft Memorial Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12 at Holy Rosary Church, 22 Don Bosco Place, Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery, Rye.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 4 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Port Chester Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'