RYE, N.Y. — Eugene J. Bruschi Sr., a resident of Rye Brook, died Dec. 17. He was 84.
Bruschi was born Oct. 25, 1928, in Brooklyn to Eugene and Madeline Bruschi. He was raised and educated in the Bronx.
Bruschi was a carpenter for Carpenters Union Local No. 17 in the Bronx. He served in the U.S. Army in Korea as a sergeant.
He is survived by his wife Adele Bruschi of Rye Brook; son Eugene J. Bruschi Jr. and wife Joanna of Marlton, N.J.; son Edward Bruschi of Louisiana; grandchildren Ashley and Heather Bruschi; and sisters Mary Bruschi of Queens and Betty Knipper of Ohio.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, at Craft Memorial Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at Corpus Christi Church, 136 S. Regent St., Port Chester. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Port Chester Turns Out For Vigil To Honor Those Killed in Charleston
- 4 Blind Brook Grad Recounts Confusion Of Living In Rye Brook, Near Rye Neck
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI