PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Edward Monteiro, Sr., a resident of Port Chester, died June 25. He was 84.
Monteiro was born Aug. 23, 1929, in Marion, Mass. He served in the United States Army and fought in Korea from 1952 to 1954 and was a corporal. He was a mason for P.W. Nethercott Company in Port Chester. He was a parishioner of the Our Lady of Mercy Church.
Monteiro is survived by his wife, Annie (Foster) Monteiro of Port Chester; son, Edward Monteiro, Jr. (Maria) of Monticello; brother, Donald Monteiro of New Bedford, Mass.; and sister, Rose Monteiro of Milford, Conn.
Calling hours are from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 27 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery, Rye.
- 1 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester