PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Edward Monteiro, Sr., a resident of Port Chester, died June 25. He was 84.
Monteiro was born Aug. 23, 1929, in Marion, Mass. He served in the United States Army and fought in Korea from 1952 to 1954 and was a corporal. He was a mason for P.W. Nethercott Company in Port Chester. He was a parishioner of the Our Lady of Mercy Church.
Monteiro is survived by his wife, Annie (Foster) Monteiro of Port Chester; son, Edward Monteiro, Jr. (Maria) of Monticello; brother, Donald Monteiro of New Bedford, Mass.; and sister, Rose Monteiro of Milford, Conn.
Calling hours are from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 27 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery, Rye.
- 1 Port Chester Schools Report Low Rate Of Students Opting Out
- 2 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 3 Port Chester Man Charged With DWI On I-684
- 4 Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide After Hitting DOT Truck On I-95
- 5 Median Sales Price For Single-Family Home Falls 12 Percent In Port Chester