PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Doris Ramsey Nostro, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died April 28. She was 84.
Nostro was born Oct. 31, 1929, in Port Chester, to William and Alice Birdsall Ramsey. She was raised and educated in Port Chester graduating from Port Chester High School in 1947.
Nostro is survived by her children, Nancy Arcieri (Joseph), Neil Nostro (Fernande), Frank Nostro (Joan), Cathy Maggi (Gregg); eight grandchildren; sister, Bette Mason; brother, William Ramsey (Josita); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Neil Nostro.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 1 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday May 2 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook.
- 1 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Westchester Sees Population Increase, Census Shows