PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Doris Ramsey Nostro, a lifelong resident of Port Chester, died April 28. She was 84.
Nostro was born Oct. 31, 1929, in Port Chester, to William and Alice Birdsall Ramsey. She was raised and educated in Port Chester graduating from Port Chester High School in 1947.
Nostro is survived by her children, Nancy Arcieri (Joseph), Neil Nostro (Fernande), Frank Nostro (Joan), Cathy Maggi (Gregg); eight grandchildren; sister, Bette Mason; brother, William Ramsey (Josita); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Neil Nostro.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 1 at the Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday May 2 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester. Interment to follow at St. Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Port Chester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Port Chester
- 3 Port Chester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Accident Takes Out Lane, Causes Gridlock On I-287
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued