SUFFIELD, Conn. - Betty Heil, a resident of Suffield, Conn. and formerly of Port Chester, died Jan. 6. She was 100.
Heil was born Dec. 9, 1913, in Greenwich, to Stephen and Mary McKary Blakesley. She was educated at St. Mary's Grammar School and graduated from Port Chester High School. She was a secretary for Delaware Ribbon Manufacturing in New York City. She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Mercy Church and a charter member of the OLM Senior Club.
Heil is survived by her nieces, Kathleen Remington (Bruce) of Suffield and Peggy Dunleavy (George) of Oxford; and nephew, Michael Smith (Medelyn) of Greenwich; and several other nieces, nephews; great-nieces and great-nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Robert L. Heil;and niece, Nora Smith.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 13 at Our Lady of Mercy Church, 260 Westchester Ave., Port Chester, N.Y. Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery Rye, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Suffield Ambulance Corps. or to the Suffield House Recreation Dept.
For more information, please visit: www.craftmemorialhome.com/
- 1 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Open Houses In The Port Chester Area This Weekend