PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open or closed on Columbus Day in Port Chester.
- Port Chester Public Schools will be closed.
- The Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library will be closed.
- Port Chester Village Hall and all local government offices
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- Post Office branches
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North trains will run on a regular weekday schedule.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.