WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey, D-Westchester/Rockland, the senior Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, recently called for greater safety measures to be implemented at the Indian Point nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Lowey's statement came on the heels of a recent Nuclear Regulatory Commission report that detailed potential risk to the two nuclear plants in the event of an earthquake.
"This report from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission confirms once again my long-held belief that Indian Point is in need of major improvements and, in general, nuclear power facilities need tough, thorough oversight," Lowey said in a statement. "I urge Entergy to thoroughly complete the analysis and evaluations included in the NRC’s findings as quickly as possible.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Benjamin John 'BJ' Ramos, 34, Port Chester Native, Certified Paramedic
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies