WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey, D-Westchester/Rockland, the senior Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, recently called for greater safety measures to be implemented at the Indian Point nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Lowey's statement came on the heels of a recent Nuclear Regulatory Commission report that detailed potential risk to the two nuclear plants in the event of an earthquake.
"This report from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission confirms once again my long-held belief that Indian Point is in need of major improvements and, in general, nuclear power facilities need tough, thorough oversight," Lowey said in a statement. "I urge Entergy to thoroughly complete the analysis and evaluations included in the NRC’s findings as quickly as possible.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Christmas Light Shows Spread Holiday Spirit In Port Chester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Frank Sniadack, 91, Of Port Chester, Physical Education Teacher, Head Coach