WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey, D-Westchester/Rockland, the senior Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, recently called for greater safety measures to be implemented at the Indian Point nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Lowey's statement came on the heels of a recent Nuclear Regulatory Commission report that detailed potential risk to the two nuclear plants in the event of an earthquake.
"This report from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission confirms once again my long-held belief that Indian Point is in need of major improvements and, in general, nuclear power facilities need tough, thorough oversight," Lowey said in a statement. "I urge Entergy to thoroughly complete the analysis and evaluations included in the NRC’s findings as quickly as possible.
- 1 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 2 Port Chester Crash Victim Remains In Hospital
- 3 Port Chester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle