WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Department of Transportation will repave Westchester Avenue beginning Monday, Aug. 25, through Friday, Aug. 29.
Westchester Avenue will be paved in its full width from a point beginning at Brook Lane/Harrison border, continuing to the intersection of South Ridge Street.
As this is a major traffic artery and a complete repaving of the entire width of the road, commuters and residents are encouraged to use alternate routes such as Bowman Avenue, South Ridge Street, Lincoln Avenue, Brook Lane, Sunset Road and other roads in the area.
Road work will begin about 7:30 a.m. and end about 5:30 p.m. During this time multiple lanes may be closed, and traffic may be periodically halted as equipment is mobilized.
For more information, contact the state Department of Transportation Region 8 at 914-592 6557.
- 1 Port Chester PD Arrests Armed Drug Dealer Suspect From Greenwich
- 2 Rye PD Names Women Nabbed For Shopping With Fake $100s
- 3 Port Chester Tap Water Deemed Safe After Friday Contamination
- 4 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 5 Film Shoot With Steve Carell in Port Chester Tops Week's News