WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Department of Transportation will repave Westchester Avenue beginning Monday, Aug. 25, through Friday, Aug. 29.
Westchester Avenue will be paved in its full width from a point beginning at Brook Lane/Harrison border, continuing to the intersection of South Ridge Street.
As this is a major traffic artery and a complete repaving of the entire width of the road, commuters and residents are encouraged to use alternate routes such as Bowman Avenue, South Ridge Street, Lincoln Avenue, Brook Lane, Sunset Road and other roads in the area.
Road work will begin about 7:30 a.m. and end about 5:30 p.m. During this time multiple lanes may be closed, and traffic may be periodically halted as equipment is mobilized.
For more information, contact the state Department of Transportation Region 8 at 914-592 6557.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 3 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Port Chester Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'