WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A pair of vehicle fires backed up traffic on two of the major Westchester interstate highways on Friday afternoon.
There was a vehicle fire on the eastbound Cross Westchester Expressway (I-287) between Bloomingdale Road (Exit 8W) and Westchester Avenue (Exit 8E), that was reported at 2:25 p.m. that resulted in stop-and-go traffic before being cleared.
A fire on the toll plaza of the New England Thruway (I-95) caused backups in both directions starting at 2:21 p.m. before it was cleared. The fire started when a tractor trailer crashed into a toll, according to News 12 Westchester.
Two accidents also were reported during the afternoon commute: on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway between North Street (Exit 25) and I-287, reported at 3:16 p.m., and on east-bound I-287 between Westchester Avenue (Exit 8E) and I-684 (Exit 9A), reported at 3 p.m.
- 1 Port Chester Schools Report Low Rate Of Students Opting Out
- 2 Rye High School Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 3 Port Chester Man Charged With DWI On I-684
- 4 Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide After Hitting DOT Truck On I-95
- 5 Median Sales Price For Single-Family Home Falls 12 Percent In Port Chester