WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Westchester late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Westchester Food Festival Lineup Includes Port Chester Restaurant
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Port Chester Resident Charged In Yorktown With Possession Of Marijuana