WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Westchester late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Firefighter Pleads Guilty In Fatal Wrong-Way White Plains Crash
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City