WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Westchester late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Manhunt Is Under Way For Suspect In Port Chester Bank Robbery
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 5 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled