Contact Us
Port Chester Daily Voice serves Port Chester, NY
Return to your home site


Port Chester Daily Voice serves Port Chester, NY
Breaking News: Showers, Thunderstorms Moving Toward The Area - How Long Will They Last?

Suspect On Loose After Robbing Bank Twice, Stealing Car In Port Chester

This suspect in the robberies of a bank and gas station in a security camera photograph from a nearby establishment. Photo Credit: Greenwich Police
The suspect in the robbery of a Chase Bank in Greenwich on Wednesday afternoon. Photo Credit: Greenwich Police Department via Twitter
Surveillance footage of the suspect in the robbery of the Chase Bank in Greenwich on Tuesday. Photo Credit: Courtesy of the Greenwich Police Department
Surveillance footage of the suspect in the robbery of a gas station in Cos Cobb on Monday. Photo Credit: Courtesy of the Greenwich Police Department

A three-state manhunt has intensified for a bank robbery suspect who brazenly robbed a Greenwich bank twice as well as a nearby gas station in Cos Cobb before stealing a car in Westchester, according to the Greenwich Police Department.

The search began at about 6 p.m., Friday when the suspect engaged Greenwich police in a pursuit onto I-95, where "he bailed out and ran across the highway," police said via Twitter. An officer chased him on foot, police said.

Police Capt. Kraig Gray told the Greenwich Time that officers had an investigative lead on the suspect's whereabouts, but he had fled in a Range Rover when officers attempted to apprehend him.

Police activity continued in Old Greenwich after he fled, with officers searching backyards and going door-to-door looking for the suspect, police said via Twitter.

Officers also searched the Range Rover abandoned near Exit 5, Greenwich Time said.

Officers from the Stamford Police Department and MTA police searched the neighborhood, sometimes door to door, as helicopters flew overhead from Connecticut State Police and Westchester County Police.

Officers in bullet-proof vests were spotted in the area with guns drawn, some with rifles, as the search for the suspect continued for hours, Greenwich Time said.

The police manhunt continued until about 9:30 p.m. Friday. "Search is over ... No one injured. Suspect still at large but not in our town," police said via Twitter.

At about 10:15 p.m. Friday, Greenwich police said the suspect was likely out of state. "Our suspect is now believed to have stolen a car in Port Chester. Suspect has been spotted in Pennsylvania and PA police are in pursuit," police said via Twitter.

Police also said via Twitter that "the suspect either crashed or bailed out of the car and PA State Police are in foot pursuit." No Greenwich officers have left Connecticut, police said.

The suspect first hit the Citgo station in Cos Cob on Monday night, then robbed the Chase Bank on East Putnam Avenue in Riverside on Tuesday morning and then returned again on Wednesday afternoon. He was armed with a gun in all the robberies, police said.

The suspect was described as a white man with an athletic build and slicked-back blond hair.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Port Chester Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.