PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Port Chester this week:
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J. area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- The suspect believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated.
- The state is considering legislation that would protect Canada geese from extermination.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 2 Port Chester Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft
- 3 Port Chester Burglary Suspect Convicted After Settling Suit With Village
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Maria Chiappetta, 63, Of Port Chester, Homemaker