PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Port Chester this week:
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J. area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- The suspect believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated.
- The state is considering legislation that would protect Canada geese from extermination.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 5 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack