PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Port Chester this week:
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J. area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- The suspect believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated.
- The state is considering legislation that would protect Canada geese from extermination.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Port Chester Gears Up To Say Happy Birthday, America
- 2 Artist Picks Up Port Chester Trash For 'My Name Is Nobody' Exhibit
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Port Chester Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman In Beach Bathroom
- 5 Port Chester Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax